IEEE Poland Section Chapter, Solid-State Circuits Society
Welcome to the Poland Section Chapter, Solid-State Circuits Society website for the members of the IEEE. Here you will find important announcements, calendar of events, information on officers, other units, and useful links. Please use the navigation menu on top to browse the pages.
Poland has several universities and research institutes which are involved in the integrated circuits design activities. For the last few years we have also seen increasing number of small spin-off companies or branches of larger companies that deal with the design of integrated circuits. The idea of forming the SSCS Chapter was born after the visit of SSCS President, dr Rakesh Kumar in Poland in 2012. According to the decision of IEEE Member and Geographic Activities staff and IEEE Technical Activities staff on February 26, 2013, we are pleased to announce that Poland Section of Solid-State Circuit Society Chapter has been formed.
The SSCS Chapter Poland is focused on people from universities, research institutes and industry interested in integrated circuit design. The main tasks of IEEE SSCS Chapter Poland are:
- strengthen the relations between engineers and researchers from universities and industry working on solid state circuits,
- create and sustain enthusiasm for custom solid-state circuit design, especially among young engineers,
- increase the quality and innovation factor of our IC designs,
- learn about the latest developments in the field of integrated circuits,
- hold meetings, seminars, short courses for the members and invite distinguished lectures/researchers to Poland,
- keep close collaboration with Electron Device Chapter Poland.
- IEEE SSCS Chapter Poland invites everyone for 2-day course on "Circuits with resistor and capacitor cancellation: design techniques to enhance high-frequency performance without increased power consumption" conducted by Prof. Willy Sansen (KU Leuven). Date & time: 12-13 october 2015 9:00 - 17:00. Lecture venue: AGH University of Science and Technology, bld. B1, room: 121, Cracow, Poland.
- 11 February 2016: FD-SOI Seminar at Warsaw University of Technology (Av. Nowowiejska 15/19 room 106, Warsaw)
Seminar Agenda 11:00 am - 2:00 pm:
- FD-SOI technology: physics and transistor features. Inventor of the FD-SOI technology - prof. T. Skotnicki (WUT Warsaw, STMicroelectronics),
- The FD-SOI ecosystem - dr Patrick Blouet (STMicroelectronics),
- FD-SOI technology from the circuit's designer perspective - prof. W. Kuźmicz (WUT Warsaw).
The seminar is free for all attendees, no registration is required.
- We're happy to announce that SSCS Chapter Poland co-sponsored 11th IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems, May 23-25 2016, Cracow, Poland. http://sies2016.org/
- IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society Chapter Poland together with IEEE Council on Electronic Design Automation invite all interested engineers to the SSCS Chapter Meeting:
Meeting dates: 24 may 2016, 12:00
Meeting venue: Centrum Energetyki, AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow, Poland (building C-6, lecture hall: 307/308). Av. Mickiewicza 30, Cracow, Poland.
Lecturer: Prof. Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli (Edgar L. and Harold H. Buttner Chair of EESC, Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, USA, IEEE fellow)
Topic: “A History of Design Technology: from rubylith cutting and punch cards to swarm systems”
Participation is free of charge.
- New technical meeting at the AGH University in Cracow, Poland!. Two IEEE SSCS Distinguished Lecturers will present their talks on 21st October 2016.
Time: 13:30-18:00, Location: AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Krakow, Poland, H-24 Lecture Hall, B-1 building, Av. Mickiewicza 30, Cracow, Poland.
Description - talk titles:
1)Embedded flash memory: technology, circuits to systems and MCU/SOC applications (Hideto Hidaka)
2) How Future Mobility Meets IT: Embedded Cyber-Physical System Designs Revisit Semiconductor Technology (Hideto Hidaka)
3) Basics of Asynchronous Circuits Design (Makoto Ikeda)
4) Basics of CMOS Image Sensors (Makoto Ikeda)
Date: 2015-07-14 17:26:04 -0400 (Tue, 14 Jul 2015)
vToolsUI version: 1.2.1
Ruby version: 1.8.7
Rails version: 3.1.11